Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Simple and Lovely










This pretty Spanish home was originally two houses, now joined together and carefully restored with original period details intact. The restrained decoration allows lovely architectural features such as the arched doorways and wooden beams to shine, while the choice of jewel tones here and there add punch without detracting from the serene atmosphere. Much of the furniture was sourced from various flea markets on the island, adding even more character and charm to a lovely home. More details (in Spanish) and photos here. Via Nuevo Estilo.

7 comments :

OceanDreams said...

I love the clean and crisp feeling to these pictures, what great finds!

The Lil Bee said...

I think you've just uncovered my dream home. For those arched doorways alone. BTW I'm adding you to my b'roll. I don't know how I haven't already. Silly bee.

automatism said...

Thanks so much, Lil Bee! I've just added you to mine, too!!!

:-)

Alice Olive said...

I just love how light and airy these all are. Stunning.

liza said...

You consistently amaze me with your beautiful finds. Thank you, Lori!

shawn angela said...

These are right up my alley.Mostly pale background punctuated with colorful details.....so me.Great find!

Farmgirl Susan said...

So beautiful! Just looking at these wonderful photos has a calming, relaxing effect. I can only imagine what it's like to actually be in them. I'm ready to move in! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...