Monday, May 11, 2009

Sophie Conran



As of Friday I am now the happy owner of a brand new set of Sophie Conran dishes! A lovely blend of modern simplicity with a tactile, slightly irregular hand thrown look, they're exactly what I wanted for everyday tableware. Not surprising that the design is perfect, though, as Sophie is not only a wonderful food writer (with two excellent cookbooks so far), but also has stellar creative genes — she's the daughter of designer, restauranteur and retailer Sir Terence Conran and food writer Caroline Conran. That's Sophie in the photo above.

5 comments :

TheDecoDetective said...

Oh, are your dishes from the Portmeirion collection? I got a large bowl from this collection as a gift, and I love it - it's really really beautiful!
Congrats =)

Danielle said...

Her dishes are really beautiful- I bought my Mom some of her collection for last Mother's day and she loved it! I know that they will look wonderful in your home :D

rachael said...

lucky you! her dishes are gorgeous.

automatism said...

Thanks so much, all!!! They are indeed from the Portmeirion collection, and I'm still walking into the kitchen to have a good stare at 'em.

:-)

blossom said...

very very very jealous....i have been dreaming about these for a long while xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...