Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Good Things in Small Spaces






This stylish mini-loft is, amazingly, only 57 square metres in size, but it feels as airy and bright as one four times bigger. Architect Philippe Harden bought a partitioned, narrow corridor-like apartment because he loved the view from the large windows, which open onto a park. After two months of work (spent mostly removing doors and walls) he has what you now see here - a serene, light filled environment. Look carefully and you can see how he makes every inch of space work, yet it still feels relaxed and effortless. One of my favourite spaces from Marie Claire Maison.

8 comments :

Joanna Goddard said...

i LOVE that top photo. that is one of my faves in my inspiration journal for when i move and redecorate! :)
thanks for the lovely post.

Lori Langille said...

Isn't it great? I'm so happy you love it and find it inspiring too!

:-)

{this is glamorous} said...

Such a wonderful, welcoming space! Hard to believe its size. Just discovered your lovely blog through sitemeter--your header is great.

Lori Langille said...

Thanks so much! It's just lovely to see you here. I'm really enjoying your own beautiful blog, too!

nina said...

Wow, this really is a great place. The corners are quite small, but somehow it looks spacious and chic. I'd love to live there! (And give up some square meters!)

Lori Langille said...

It's so cool how it fits together - if you look at the top photo of the main living space, you realize that the table in the lower left foreground is the kitchen counter, which makes you realize how small it really is in there...

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to see that you like my home!
more to come in my website soon...

PH ;)

www.philippeharden.com

Lori Langille said...

Hello Philippe! Thanks so much for visiting my blog...and I'm now looking forward to visiting your own website when it's ready...

:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...